I certainly didn’t expect this to happen, but, well, I am a lezzy, and this is a personal blog, so semantically, anyway, this sort of makes sense:
I’ve been nominated for a Lezzy Award in the Personal Blog category.
So, what this basically means is that one of you (or several even!) likes my ditherings here well enough to think I deserve an accolade. I am deeply flattered. Thank you!
If any of the rest of y’all are inclined to nominate me too (nominations are being taken until February 22nd, at which point the top 5 blogs in each category with the most nominations will become Finalists), here’s how you do so:
1) Click on that pretty pink square right up there.
2) Click on that blue banner right at the top of that page that says “The 2009 Lezzy Awards – Nominate Your Favorite Blogs! – Click Here”
3) Copy/paste my URL in the “Personal” section (is it weird that my fingers kept accidentally typing “sextion”?) of the little pop-up box.
4) Lather, rinse, and repeat every day! If you feel so inclined.
5) Also don’t forget to nominate your favorite blogs in the other categories. Check out my blogroll for my favorite blogs if you’re lacking inspiration!
And I might just add that regardless of what happens, I’m touched that I was nominated in the first place, and that in itself is a gift. When I started writing here, it was just me and my thoughts. I never, ever imagined that I’d be getting several hundred page hits every day, or that I’d have people reading and commenting and sending me kind and thoughtful emails. People care, and that’s pretty fucking amazing. So thank you all so much.
And if you’ll excuse me, I have some real posts to draft. I’ll be back in the morning!